This Blog is for the reviewing of Paranormal related website of all sorts. Including: Investigation Group, Online Stores, Online Resources, Podcasts, Blogs, Web Radio, Services, Discussion Forums & Personal pages. If you would like to be reviewed or suggest a site for review just drop me a comment. All reviewed sites will also be listed at www.PARANORMALIZER.com The idea is to promote the Paranormal Community as a whole.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

STRICTLY PARANORMAL: UPDATE

I was very happy to hear back from another reviewed website today, namely Strictly Paranormal.

Hello there Earl,
Thanks for the review. I was pleased with what you said though obviously not about the look of the site. But I know what you mean. We are long overdue for a revamp. I'm not happy with the look of the site myself and it is in need of a lot of work. Its just getting the time to do it.
Thanks again,

Chrissy Cullen
www.strictlyparanormal.co.uk


My reply (because I always reply!) was:


Hi Chrissy,

Cheers for the reply. I'm glad you took the criticism as it was meant - constructively. Like I said you have a great site with some interesting articles and good Investigation write-ups.

My tips for a clear, neat and attractive site would be:

1) Keep all body copy text the same size, colour and font throughout the website.

2) The same applies to Headers and subheaders. Use them to highlight the articles etc.

3) If you are going to use a black or textured bakground then choose a coloured text that suits. Blue or Red on black is very hard to read as the are a similar tone. White is best but a clean yellow or green can really work too.

4) Use animationed gif sparingly.

5) Pick a theme and carry it through your website. Don't just from a scientific look to a gawdy Halloween party look or vice versa.

Remember its all about the content at the end of the day so try to make it as easy to read as possible.


Best of luck with the redesign and any upcoming Investigations you have planned,

Earl

I hope to hear back from the majority of the sites I review though I know not everyone will take what I say as well as Chrissy has.

Read the Original Review HERE.

No comments: