This Blog is for the reviewing of Paranormal related website of all sorts. Including: Investigation Group, Online Stores, Online Resources, Podcasts, Blogs, Web Radio, Services, Discussion Forums & Personal pages. If you would like to be reviewed or suggest a site for review just drop me a comment. All reviewed sites will also be listed at www.PARANORMALIZER.com The idea is to promote the Paranormal Community as a whole.

Friday, February 1, 2008

ULSTER PARANORMAL: REVIEW 046

Step up to the plate Ulster Paranormal! Or rather Connect 2 Ulster Paranormal as it is on the site.


Anyway first off I'm not sure I get why there is a difference between the site name (Connect 2 Ulster Paranormal) and the URL (Ulster Paranormal)? I mean I can understand it in cases where a decent or appropriate domain name can't be gotten but in this case simply having it as Ulster Paranormal is definately the best choice.

Its a better site than I thought when I first glanced at it before at the end of 2007 and it has a fair bit of content. The white on blue looks good and its a color palette that always makes me think of architects drawings. That said the choice of heavy/bold mismatched fonts is really working against this site.

Looking at the site without reading you would not know it was about the Paranormal, thats not nessecerily a bad thing as some sites really go over board with spiders webs, full moons and ghostly gif files. In this case though it does lack a bit of atmosphere.

The content is well written and the site covers enough ground. Apart from being a place for them to display there thoughts and findings it also offers people the opportunity to go along on an investigation themselves. I strongly encourage this as there are too many groups how close themselves off from the public except when it comes to seeking people to be in awe of their findings.

Its not my favorite site but then again I visit so many I have very high standards. Its a grand site though and in its early stages, here's hoping that more experience in running a site will lead to this one growing.

Just remember when viewing it to scroll through all the buttons on the left as its not too obvious hwo much there actually is on this site!

THE PARANORMALIZERS REVIEW: 5/10

Its not often I do this but I must add a side note: As small a place as they say the internet is, and smaller again the paranormal community I was even impressed with myself to spot a picture of an Irish investigator (Anne McKinestry - I hope I spelt that right) who's groups site I review a few months back. From what I know the scene in Ireland isn't huge so I'm sure they cant help but bump into eac other now and then.

No comments: